Thursday, May 13, 2010

Some BSP for me and Gerri Russell


So, you've all heard me screaming about STORMWALKER (which I am relieved to say is getting some wonderful reviews all over the place seems to be holding its own), but another Chatelaine has a book out this month!

Gerri Russell's SEDUCING THE KNIGHT came out on April 27 from Leisure.

Winess: The beautiful cover. I have not read this book yet, but the tagline reads: "A Templar knight and a woman he saves from an arranged marriage go on a hunt for the legendary Ark of the Covenant that takes them from the scorching desert of Jerusalem to the heathered highlands of Scotland."

Gerri can let us know whether that tagline is accurate (they aren't always!), but it sounds good! And it's another in her Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, a series I'm enjoying. Sold me!



I'm always happier promo-ing someone else than myself, because we (especially women) were taught at an early age to always defer to others and be a little self-deprecating (you're a brat if you talk about yourself too much--and I admit, my eyes roll when I'm at a party with someone who talks only about themselves and their success and nothing else...go away now, I really need to get to those nachos.)

However, as authors, it often falls to us to tell the world we have a book out, because no one else will.

I said I was relieved that Stormwalker was getting good reviews and was in the top 25 in romance at B&N and Borders, because STORMWALKER was a shot in the dark for me. It was a little different direction, is nowhere near as erotic as other Allyson James books, Allyson James has nowhere near the "name" as Jennifer Ashley, it has a very small print run, and is a midlist book (not a lead).

So the fact that people are posting about it, and it seems to be selling well in the bookstores is a good thing for my blood pressure. :-)

It really is getting some fantastic reviews (as well as a 4.5 Top Pick from Romantic Times). I won't link to the reviews here, but if you look up Stormwalker by Allyson James on Goodreads, most of them are cross-posted there.

I will also be blogging at the RT blogs as soon as I get my act together and get them the post!!

There you have it: Two Chatelaines books out for the month of May.

And more to come: in JUNE: CINDY HOLBY and EMILY BRYAN have new releases!!

3 comments:

Gerri Russell May 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Jennifer,

You are so sweet to post about our releases. The description of Seducing the Knight is right on. I think the best review I'll ever get on this book came from RT where they called the book "An Indiana-Jones-meets-Lara-Croft adventure."

If you like action/adventure/romance check it out!

Caffey May 14, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

Hey congrats on your releases Gerri and Allyson! And the beautiful reviews! Its an awesome month and too spring for books! I just got the June RT and so love these months with all the releases! This new series of yours is going to rock Allyson! How do you keep track of your different series? Too you did so much recently with this new one and too the one from Dorchester! How about the Dragons, was that just a trilogy or will there be more? Sorry I say you do so much then I ask for more, smile!

I so love the historical romances set in Scotland, Gerri! Last month I read two oldies of Julie Garwood (BRIDE and WEDDING) and love the trip to the highlands (emotionally when reading of course)Its a great feeling reading those set in Scotland, the castles and all that. I learn so much reading my romances! June will be great with Cindy and Emily's releases! I must catch up here and read about them. Just getting back on from surgery and I'll be off and on due to appts. But great to stop by!
Caffey (Cathie)

librarypat May 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

Have heard good things about STORMWALKER. I haven't read a lot of urban fantasy and haven't made it to that book yet. I like your historicals and when someone writes well, it will usually cross over into another genre.
Gerri. love stories with medieval knights. Setting the story in several countries should make it all the more interesting.
Good luck for bother of you with your releases.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP