Friday, May 7, 2010

RomCon Reader's Crown Finalists!

from Emily Bryan . . .

When it comes to romance fan conferences, there's a new kid on the block. It's the RomCon sponsored by Borders Books and the conference will be coming to Denver July 9-11th. It's all about meeting your favorite authors and the guest list reads like a Who's Who of Romance.

The Reader's Crown Finalists have been named. You just might recognize a couple of these!

Best First
◦Anne Marsh ~ The Hunt ~ Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Time Travel
◦Margaret Mallory ~ Knight of Desire ~ Long Historical
◦Mary Sullivan ~ No Ordinary Cowboy ~ Short Contemporary
◦Susan Gee Heino ~ Mistress by Mistake ~ Long Historical
◦Vanessa Kelly ~ Mastering the Marquess ~ Long Historical


Erotica
◦Joey W. Hill ~ Beloved Vampire
◦Livia Dare ~ In the Flesh
◦Maya Banks ~ Into the Lair
◦Maya Banks ~ Sweet Persuasion
◦Sunny ~ Mona Lisa Darkening

Long Contemporary
◦Carly Phillips ~ Lucky Break
◦Erin McCarthy ~ Hard and Fast
◦Jill Shalvis ~ Double Play
◦Julie James ~ Practice Makes Perfect
◦Susan Mallery ~ Sunset Bay



Long Historical
◦Anna Campbell ~ Captive of Sin
◦Deeanne Gist ~ A Bride in the Bargain
◦Elizabeth Hoyt ~ To Desire a Devil
Jennifer Ashley ~ The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
◦Jodi Thomas ~ The Lone Texan


Long Romantic Suspense
◦Bella Andre ~ Wild Heat
◦Catherine Mann ~ Defender
◦Cindy Gerard ~ Whisper No Lies
◦Julia Harper ~ For the Love of Pete
◦Susan Crandall ~ Seeing Red



Novella
◦Courtney Milan ~ This Wicked Gift in The Heart of Christmas anthology
Emily Bryan ~ My Lady Below Stairs in A Christmas Ball anthology
◦Erin McCarthy ~ Undead Man’s Hand in Out of the Light, Into the Shadows
◦Jade Lee ~ Weekend Tigress in the Winter Heat anthology
◦Sophia Nash ~ Catch of the Century in the Four Dukes and Devil anthology
(Whew! I'm in fast company!)


Paranormal
Carolyn Jewel ~ My Forbidden Desire
◦Jory Strong ~ Ghostland
◦Keena Kincaid ~ Ties That Bind
◦Shannon K. Butcher ~ Burning Alive
◦Shannon K. Butcher ~ Finding the Lost


Sci-fi/Fantasy/Futuristic/Time-Travel
Anne Marsh ~ The Hunt
Jess Granger ~ Beyond the Rain
Melissa Mayhue ~ A Highlander of Her Own
Sandra Hill ~ Viking Heat
Veronica Wolff ~ Lord of the Highlands


Short Contemporary
Abby Gaines ~ Her So-Called Fiance
Abby Gaines ~ The Groom Came Back
Holly Jacobs ~ Unexpected Gifts
Linda Warren ~ The Sheriff of Horseshoe, Texas
Mary Sullivan ~ No Ordinary Cowboy


Short Historical
Blythe Gifford ~ In the Master’s Bed
Bronwyn Scott ~ The Viscount Claims His Bride
Robyn DeHart ~ Seduce Me
Terri Brisbin ~ A Storm of Passion
Terri Brisbin ~ The Conqueror’s Lady


Short Romantic Suspense
Carol Snow ~ Here Today, Gone to Maui
Delores Fossen ~ Christmas Guardian
Kay Thomas ~ Better Than Bulletproof
K.M. Daughters ~ Beyond the Code of Conduct
Sheri Whitefeather ~ Protecting Their Baby


Urban Fantasy with Romantic Elements
Anya Bast ~ Witch Fury
Jenna Maclaine ~ Bound by Sin
Julie Kenner ~ Tainted
Lori Devoti ~ Amazon Ink
S. J. Day ~ Eve of Darkness

Needless to say, I'm tickled to pieces to see Jennifer's Lord Ian and my My Lady Below Stairs on this list. And I'm seriously thinking about heading to Denver just to cheer on my other friends who made the cut as well.

Anybody else going to RomCon?

10 comments:

Gillian Layne May 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

Congratulations, Ladies! I see lots of my favorites in that list.

EmilyBryan May 7, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

Me too. There are a number of my new Brava author sisters represented, but I thought I'd only put up the covers of Chatelaines here.

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner May 7, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

It's very cool to be nominated for this award. I probably can't get to RomCon because I was already committed to Nationals two weeks later (now in Florida! a long haul for me). I wish I had the time and energy to go to both!

librarypat May 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Would love to go, but didn't make plans soon enough. We love the Denver area. Was going to RWA (at least the public parts, but now I have nonrefundable room for that week in July-Aug. The place is right next to Opryland Hotel, but they think they'll be reopened by
July 3.

EmilyBryan May 8, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

Jennifer--It's important for you to be a Nationals because you're up for another Rita, aren't you?

Unfortunately, I'll be sitting this nationals out. My agent is no longer going. The panel I was going to be on has been cancelled. And frankly, now that I have some manuscripts to deliver, I can use the writing time here.

I haven't decided yet if I'll try to go to RomCon. It's tempting, but again there's the writing commitment. Deadlines come first.

EmilyBryan May 8, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

Pat--I'm sorry you're stuck with a non-refundable room in Nashville. I hear people are having trouble with the airlines being difficult about switching flights too.

Keena Kincaid May 9, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

I'm thrilled to be nominated for this award. I had planned to go to RomCon before the announcement, and was debating Nationals, but with the move to Orlando, I may sit out the conference this year.

And congrats, Jennifer, on your nomination!

EmilyBryan May 10, 2010 at 6:03 AM  

Keena! Good luck!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner May 11, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

"Unfortunately, I'll be sitting this nationals out. My agent is no longer going. The panel I was going to be on has been cancelled."

Yikes. All good reasons not to go. Plus deadlines.

I have many, many deadlines, but I'm going anyway. Sigh. Hotel rooms are good writing retreats though, so I will be bringing the laptop. I wrote about 1/3 of Highlander Ever After at Nationals in Dallas.

Yes, I am up for a RITA as Allyson James, plus I'm doing two workshops, so I'm kind of committed.

Gerri Russell May 13, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

Congratulations everyone!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP