Friday, April 16, 2010

Mixing Business with Pleasure

from Emily Bryan . . .

Today, after I finish my pagecount for the current WIP, I'll load up the car, stop by the bank for a quick infusion of cash and go steal the DH away from work early. (It's ok. He went on a trip to Chicago this week and worked an uber-long day. They got their pound of flesh already this week.) And we want to beat the traffic out of Boston.

You see, we're running away with each other.

I'm speaking for the Maine RWA on Saturday in Brunswick, so we decided to find a little B&B and make a weekend of it. We found a charming place on the coast with a little cupola on the roof that offers a 360 degree view.

Even though the weather is expected to be rainy and cold, I doubt we'll notice. They tell me it rained the day of our wedding. I had to see the pictures before I believed them. Those sorts of things don't matter as long as we're together. We're both committed to keeping the romance alive.

Have you done anything romantic with your sweetie lately?

4 comments:

librarypat April 16, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

We try. My DH needs a break from work, so we are planning to escape for a 4 day weekend to Charleston, SC. I've been trying to get him to take me for years. We stopped briefly a few years ago on our way to a wedding. Unfortunately, it was one of the hottest days on record. We went to lunch then spent the afternoon in the IMAX theater.
We have attended a couple of great Celtic concerts the past few weeks.

Terri April 17, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

Not yet, lately but this Wednesday we're flying off to Boston! We've never been and we're off on an adventure. We're both history buffs, okay I have a degree in history but he loves it too. I'm thinking the Freedom Trail. Not sure what else we'll be doing but regardless, I know we'll have a good time. Any suggestions from anyone as to places we shouldn't miss are welcome.

Terri

EmilyBryan April 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

Charleston is a beautiful city, Pat. Have fun!

EmilyBryan April 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

Terri--Oh! How fun. You're coming to my part of the world. If you do the Freedom Trail, one of the stops is Park Street Church, the church I regularly attend. It's a beautiful Regency era building circa 1809 right next to the Granary Burial ground where Paul Revere lies. I don't know if the docents have started the inside tours yet, but during the summer months volunteers take tourist around the church and point out the finer points--like the fact that the railings on the curved stairways are shorter than usual because people were shorter 200 years ago than now.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP