Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beware of dog!


I've been back from Haiti for a couple of weeks now. The trip was very productive, very sad and a little scary when I was awakened to a 4.7 aftershock in my hotel room.

Now I'm home on a "working" vacation, meaning it's a vacation from the day job, but I'm writing the book due in May.

Today I'm headed for a cottage by the lake my neighbors are kindly loaning me so I can concentrate on writing.
In the meantime, we put in a new rug in the bedroom, and have a new quilt for our bed. Cookie fully approves. Beware of this dog, everyone. She is the queen of comfort and will steal away all your soft places to sleep and sit before you can blink.
Dogs are great. They offer unconditional loyalty, affection and ask for so little in return, like laps to curl up on when the computer is on your lap...
Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

EmilyBryan March 17, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

Your little Cookie looks like such a doll. I'm such a puppy person. There's nothing to match the unqualified devotion of a dog.

librarypat March 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

Cute dog. My husband has to fight our three for his recliner. When he gets up, one of them, usually the little terrier, will be in his seat before he has taken 3 steps. When he does sit down, they fight to see who will be in his lap - a 20 pound terrier, a 45 pound pit bull, or a 65 pound lab. The cats come and sit with me. They have their regular perches - back of the sofa, or on my boxes of books.

Kim in Hawaii March 21, 2010 at 2:01 AM  

Thanks, Bonnie, for your work in Haiti. My neighbors at our last assignment in Fort Meade adopted two boys from Haiti. The boys were frantic about their families still in Haiti.

And there is nothing like an animal to comfort us upon returning home. We have two cats who can't stop following us around the house after our quick trip to the Big Island for Spring Break.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP