Monday, February 8, 2010

My trip to Haiti








Hi everyone. It's hard for me to talk about what I saw in Haiti, and every time I write about it or talk about it, I keep envisioning what happened, so I'm just posting photos.







I'll be back in Haiti next week.














Here are the photos. Everywhere you go, there is destruction. For me the worst part wasn't seeing the dead bodies, but the suffering on the faces of people who are still living in fear with aftershocks, and trying to make it from one day to the next. Thanks to everyone who is helping, and everyone who donated, either to my organization or another that is helping Haiti.











































4 comments:

Cindy Holby February 9, 2010 at 6:32 AM  

I can't begin to imagine. Stay strong and keep up the good work. You are doing everything you can for the people of Haiti.

Gerri Russell February 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Bonnie, Thank you for sharing your pictures and your thoughts. My heart goes out to you, as well as the people of Haiti, for the continuing struggle ahead.

Hugs and prayers, Gerri

EmilyBryan February 10, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

Bonnie, thank you for being our hands and feet as you work to help the people of Haiti.

The story has slipped off the front page here, but the suffering continues there. Thank you for reminding us that there is more to do.

librarypat February 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Bonnie,
It is heart breaking to see so much need and know that you can help just a little, no matter how hard you try. Most Americans can't imagine what these people are going through. We have had some serious disaster here at home, but our support system is so much better.
Hang in there.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP