Thursday, February 11, 2010

More on the USA Today List


This morning, I was thrilled to see that PRIDE MATES, my Feb. release, not only stayed on the USA Today bestseller list, but moved up!!

Not only that, but I noticed that category romances are now being reported to USA Today. Hooray! If you look at the PDF of the list:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/usatodaybooks.pdf

you'll see four Harlequin Presents on it. Last week (ending 1/31/2010) there were eight from Harlequin. And a couple of Silhouettes. Until recently, USA Today did not report category sales (and NYT still doesn't), so I'm very glad to see this. Category romance has a huge audience and sells as well as big-name hardback single-title authors of all genres. I'm pleased to see category authors get some recognition!

In other news: RWA National accepted two of my proposals for workshops (one is Bonnie Vanak and me; one is on my own). I've already registered and looking forward to Nashville!

4 comments:

Gerri Russell February 11, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

Jennifer,
Congratulations on your continuing USA Today status and on your workshop acceptances. This has truly been a great month for you, and it just started!

librarypat February 11, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

It is about time the best seller lists acknowledge an important segment of the publishing industry.
I will be volunteering in Nashville at RWA. It is my first conference. I really don't know what to expect.

Congratulations on all that has come your way this month.

EmilyBryan February 12, 2010 at 4:20 AM  

Fantastic news on USA Today, Jenn!

I'm glad you'll be speaking at Nationals. Turns out, I will be too! I'll be part of a panel discussing multiple pen names-"Writing as: The Trials of Being a Schitzophrenic Author." I'm their poster girl!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner February 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

Pat: Expect...a lot of people, running every which way! But RWA is usually very well organized. I've been to I think four or five National conferences now, and have no complaints.

The best thing about them is catching up with everyone. I haven't been to National or RT in a couple of years, so I'm excited.

Emily: I could certainly relate to your panel, with my four psuedonyms! :-)

Bonnie's title for our workshop on novellas is "Put on Your Shorts." She's amazing.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP