Monday, February 8, 2010

Mammoth Book of Irish Romance

First of all....Yay Saints. While I adore Peyton Manning I was thrilled to watch the Saints get their first victory. Drew Brees is a hero in my book



And nope that isn't Drew Brees, nor is this story about him. Fellow Chatelaine Jennifer Ashley and I were invited to participate in the Mammoth Book of Irish Romance. I was thrilled to contribute a story to the mix because my ancestry is mostly Irish (with some Cherokee and English mixed in) I have a picture of my Dad's grandfather and mother that was taken after their family came here after the great Irish famine during the 1800's. Ireland is one of the places I would love to visit. I know that when I go I will feel the magic that is part of the land.

While researching the story I found that the tradition of Irish story telling goes back several hundred years. While most of the history of the world was lost during the dark ages, the Irish have several tales that tell the story of their history. I incorporated one of these legends into my story about a lost warrior and a mysterious woman he finds in the surf one night. Its called Quicksilver and I hope you enjoy it.

The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance is available at any of your favorite bookstores.

6 comments:

Kendra February 8, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

My 2x Great-Grandfather came over from Ireland too. I have a older picture of him, and we've tried to trace him back, but James Orr was a common name.

Can't wait to read your contribution. I love stories set in Ireland and Scotland.

Gerri Russell February 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

Cindy,
Congrats on the new release! I'll keep a look out for it here.

EmilyBryan February 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

My DH had to go to Dublin for business a few years ago and I tagged along to play tourist. As we neared the coast, I noticed the Irish Sea is actually greenish-gray and there was a rainbow (no joke!) arching from the land into the sea.

Ireland really is as green as they say it is. But my biggest surprise was that out in front of our hotel, there were palm trees! (Again, no joke!)

Bonnie Vanak February 8, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Woo hoo, sounds great! Congrats Cindy on your release!

librarypat February 8, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

Our ancestry has Irish in the mix. I dearly hope to be able to go one day. I ordered THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF TIME TRAVEL ROMANCE. Sounds like I'll have to add another to the list.

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner February 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

My story in the Irish book is appended to my current release, Pride Mates. The story of the Sword of the Guardian.

I so adored doing the research for it. I spent part of my honeymoon in Ireland. We lost our money, I got sick, and still I loved it!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP