Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year, New start.

As you can see we're discussing beginnings here on the Chatelaines this week. I actually had to laugh when we settled on this topic because it was my turn to take part in a progressive story and I was coming in at the middle. I wasn't a part of the beginning, all I could do was take the characters and run with them. I have no control over where they've been or where they're going, all I can do is control my little part of the story.
So one project down and I'm ready to start another one. Except I'm not starting a new project. I'm revamping one. So I guess you can say I'm starting it over. For the fourth time. What I realized with this project was I was listening to everyone else where it was concerned and not myself. So this time I'm going to do it my way and we'll see what happens.

As you can see I'm not beginning anything. I'm just middling. But I am coming into these projects with a fresh perspective and without a lot of the baggage I've been carrying the past few years. I've made some changes in the past few months that have refreshed my mind and my spirit. So I'm beginning anew. I'm excited about the projects I've got lined up to work on. And then it will be time to start something new.

I've often been asked, as Gerri said, about where I come up with my ideas. Little things trigger them. Sometimes its just a glimpse of something that gets my mind to turning. I usually say my head is full of characters and whoever screams the loudest gets out. They all have their beginnings. Then its up to me to find out where they end up.

5 comments:

librarypat January 10, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

Sometimes the best thing you can do it put something down for a time and come back to it with a fresh point of view or a more open mind. As for ideas, It sounds like most writers find inspiration in many small things.

Gerri Russell January 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

Cindy,

Congratulations on the changes of mind and spirit! That's a huge step forward! Good things are bound to come your way. :-)

Amanda McIntyre January 11, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

More power to you Cindy! I firmly beleive that those seeds planted along the way, eventually come 'round to harvest!

I'm sort of in the same boat! Taking the seedlings of a small story and building a series--

the sky is the limit, defy gravity and take the leap!

Amanda McIntyre

EmilyBryan January 12, 2010 at 5:03 AM  

Storytelling is a journey. There are bound to be pebbles in our shoes at some times and times when the trip flies by effortlessly. Though I always wish for the easy stuff, I know I grow more as a person and as a writer during the trying times (darn it!)

Best wishes on your fresh start!

Bonnie Vanak January 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

Good for you Cindy on starting anew. Like Gerri said, it's a big step forward. Congrats and best of luck! You can do it!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP