Monday, November 2, 2009

What's going on...

Yes I have been a blog slacker. I've taken a step back lately to re-evaluate my career. Which doesn't mean I've stopped writing. Its more like I'm trying to figure out what direction my writing is going in. Meanwhile I have written a couple of short stories. The first one is called Time Trails and is in the Mammoth Book of Time Travel which will be released in Dec. Its the story of a Texas Ranger and a Time cop from the future and has some Steampunk elements.
The second is called Quicksilver and will come out in the Irish Book of Romance in January. This was a fascinating story to write as I placed it in the fifth century and used a lot of Irish Mythology. I loved researching it as I am of Irish descent. You can order both from Amazon. I'm most anxious to read the rest of the stories to see what the other authors included came up with.

7 comments:

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner November 2, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

Cool, Cindy. I'm looking forward to reading your stories. I have one in the Irish Romance one too. The covers are nice!

Patricia Barraclough November 2, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Have seen these books advertised. I love anthologies and these will give the reader a good selection of authors. Will have to see if our library will consider ordering them.

EmilyBryan November 3, 2009 at 5:04 AM  

Great news, Cindy! I love your writing.

Joy Nash November 3, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

Both sound great, Cindy, and you know I love your writing! How did you get hooked up with the Mammoth Book series?

Bonnie Vanak November 3, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Cindy, these book look great! Congrats!

Cindy Holby November 4, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

I love the mammoth books. I was invited to be in the time travel one because of my success with Twist. I enjoyed it so much that I asked if I could be involved in another project and was very excited when the editor, Tricia Telep suggested the Irish mythology one. I just happened to have a book on Irish Mythology and the wheels started turning.

Jenny Girl November 4, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

Irish mythology is definitely a huge area which would lend itself to some great stories. Great idea.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP