Friday, October 9, 2009

Wish I could follow my books . . .

from Emily Bryan . . .

When a book is released, we authors don't always know how big the print run is or how well it's being distributed. I'm happy to report that A CHRISTMAS BALL seems to be getting out into the world quite well. One of my readers sent me this pic of A CHRISTMAS BALL from her Honolulu Barnes & Noble. (Too bad I can't arrange a signing! I love Hawaii!) And Jennifer Ashley's hubby spotted it at a Target in Phoenix. It's always great to get into the mass market stores.

A couple years ago at RT, Mai Boonpitak, a reader from Thailand, came up to me and raved about MAIDENSONG (my debut book as Diana Groe). I was frankly shocked to learn my book had made it to Thailand (in English. No Thai translations yet.) Since then, my work has been translated into German, Dutch, Italian, Russian and Spanish. And when my DH and I went to Bermuda last May, I found Vexing the Viscount and Pleasuring the Pirate in Hamilton. It's still a wonderment to me how far my stories have traveled.

This pic is from the Ala Moana Mall in Hawaii, where A CHRISTMAS BALL is enjoying itself in paradise! Anyway, if you are out and about this weekend and happen to spot A CHRISTMAS BALL, please let me know where you saw it.

Have a great weekend.

13 comments:

Beckey October 9, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

I bought it in Wal-Mart in St Johns, MI on Tuesday.

EmilyBryan October 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Yay, Beckey! I'm so glad you found it at Walmart. For lots of towns, especially in the midwest (where I grew up), Walmart is the bookstore. And they don't take every new title, so I'm glad they are stocking A CHRISTMAS BALL!

Thanks for buying our book! I appreciate my readers sooo much. Hope you love it.

etirv October 9, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

I had to wait longer since ACB took its time coming to the islands but I'm glad the wait is over! I still want to check out Borders here in Honolulu. It was great sharing the ACB excitement with your readers! Have a great weekend, Emily!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner October 9, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

So you're saying that our book got to go to Hawaii and we didn't? LOL

I love Maui and hop over there whenever I can, but I couldn't make it this year, sadly (tho' the year is not over yet.) I always seem to find excuses to go to the bookstores when I'm there.

My mom also spotted Christmas Ball at Wal-mart.

Heather D October 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

I finally got my copy! I never made it into the next town over with the big bookstores, but when I stopped by WalMart the other day to pick up some needed stuff I couldn't pass up the book isle. I had to give it one more chance. I found Covet, the other book I have been jonesing for, and was searching the shelves for A Christmas Ball. The lady in charge of stocking books had half the isle blocked, but stopped what she was doing to ask if I was looking for something in particular. She didn't have a clue. I glanced past her carts o' books and there it was on the top shelf. So your book finally made it to the little town of Cartersville GA!!!

EmilyBryan October 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Etirv! Thanks so much for sharing this pics of ACB with me! Now, if you could get me a shot of Diamond Head . . . ;-)

EmilyBryan October 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

That's about the size of it, Jenn. The book has all the fun! ;-)

I fell in love with Maui back in 2001. We rented a "write-me-a-ticket" red convertible and drove out to Hana. What a slice of heaven!

EmilyBryan October 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Heather--Yay for Cartersville, GA! And yay for you being so persistent! I hope you love A CHRISTMAS BALL!

Patricia Barraclough October 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Since we are on the road on vacation, I haven't made it to the bookstore for Christmas Ball yet. Will hit Barnes and Noble when we get home. Told my friend we are visiting about it and she'll be picking up her copy as soon as possible.

EmilyBryan October 10, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

Thanks so much for telling your friend about A CHRISTMAS BALL, Pat! Word of mouth is still the most powerful method of advertising. When times are tight, we tend to resist taking a chance on a new author, but the recommendation of a friend weighs heavily with me! Bless your heart!

May October 10, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

This book does not arrive in Thailand, yet. It should come in at the beginning of the month but we always have problem with the book shipment in October. I do not why but it happened every year. I am so frustrated now since I really want to read it.

EmilyBryan October 11, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Hi May! Sorry A CHRISTMAS BALL is not there yet. (How does Santa Claus manage to circuit the globe in a single night?) Please let me know when it arrives.

How have you been, roomie? (May and I were roommates in DC for RWA Nationals last summer!)

EmilyBryan October 13, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

A Christmas Ball was spotted at Target in Mason City IA!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP