Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Book by its Cover (or in which Jennifer aka Allyson is Excited)


I found out yesterday that the Hot for the Holidays anthology, which I'm in as Allyson James with Lora Leigh, Angela Knight, and Anya Bast hit:

New York Times! #15

USA Today #50

B&N overall mass market list #6

Heck, we're even #4 in overall ebooks at Fictionwise.

Very exciting stuff! Now, my ego and I know darn well this is due to the lead authors' stories, not little ole me, but yanno, it's fun to be along for the ride!!

I'm sure that candy can has much to do with it too! :-)

So--admit it, have you bought a book for it's cover before? I sure have. What was it and what about the cover appealed to you?

5 comments:

Gerri Russell October 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Jennifer,
Congratulations!! Very exciting. And I do still love that candy cane. :-)

Heather D October 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

How exciting!! Congrats!

I am very bad about buying a book for its cover, or not buying in some cases. There are several things that draw my eye to the cover:

Color-- not a particular color, but bold jewel tones really draw me in. And most definitely some blacks. Love the look of the up coming release for Sophie Renwick's Velvet Haven.

A really hot couple on the front

A smokin hot bod

A pretty dress
An Indian or Cowboy

Things that really turn me away-- cartoonish covers. For example, Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse books have covers that really turn me away. I have passed up buying several and now I am hearing how I am missing out on an amazing series.


Smokin Hot cover by the way!!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner October 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Heather: You *are* missing out on Charlaine's series!! Close your eyes until you open the cover, LOL. They really are good. I don't care for those covers myself, but the stories inside are wonderful.

I'm partial to the pretty dress covers too. I love the beautiful woman in the jewel-toned ball gown or evening gown. Those always catch my attention.

EmilyBryan October 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

Congrats, Jenn! Now you're a NYTIMES Bestseller! That's huge!

Bonnie Vanak October 9, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

WOOT! Woo hoo! big congrats Jennifer!

That candy cane...mmmmmm....

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP