Friday, September 4, 2009

Watcha Doin' for Labor Day?

09/09/09 update from Emily Bryan . . .
Please join me today at Sapphire Romance Realm for a chance to win YOUR CHOICE of my backlist!


We're talking about A CHRISTMAS BALL (Jennifer Ashley, 1/3 of that book, has already popped in!) my other books, writing in general and whatever you'd like to bring up!

TTYS,
Emily

PS. Here's your invitation to A CHRISTMAS BALL!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


RSVP at your favorite bookseller!

09/04/09

I'm always a little sad when Labor Day weekend rolls around. It's the last hurrah of summer and pretty soon my little dog Susie will be prancing along complaining her feet are cold on the frosty sidewalk when we go outside! But as long as Labor Day is upon me, I'd better plan to take advantage of the long weekend. However, we don't intend to brave the insane traffic trying to get out of the city later today.

We're going to cocoon instead.

Before I was able to write full time, I'd look on this 3 day weekend as a chance to advance my WIP by 30 pages--a huge leap forward when my daily page output was only 2. But now, I plan to sleep late. Take in a movie. Celebrate my DH's B-day (which is Sunday). Maybe head out to Revere Beach (takes about 15 minutes to get there) and catch up on my beachreading.

Speaking of reading, I'm in the middle of Lauren Willig's THE TEMPTATION OF THE NIGHT JASMINE and loving it. She has a "then and now" sort of thing going on with the structure of the novel--a couple set in current time who are studying a couple set in the past. Lauren tells the story of each with a gently comedic tone and a bit of espionage in both time periods. I highly recommend it.

If you are looking for something to while away some idle time this weekend, may I suggest the NightOwl Summer Love Webhunt? It's an easy way to score some great reads and book swag. I'll even get you started on this cyber-scavenger hunt. The graphic you need to find on my website is about half-way down my Bookshelf page on the left.

So what are your plans for this holiday weekend? Are you reading a book that moves you now? It's your turn to share!

5 comments:

Patricia Barraclough September 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

The Temptation of the Night Jasmine sounds like a good book. will have to look into it. Posted my plans on your site blog.
Hope everyone at The Chatelaines has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.

Mari September 6, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Since it is raining where I live, I am planning on curling up with a couple of good books!

EmilyBryan September 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Patricia--Thanks for coming by the Chatelaines. Hope you'll check out the new releases here too. Jennifer Ashley has a couple out now and of course, she and I will have our Christmas anthology coming out at the end of the month.

EmilyBryan September 8, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

Mari--Books are the reason God created rainy days!

Joy Nash September 9, 2009 at 5:45 AM  

Such a cute picture of you, Emily!!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP