Thursday, September 17, 2009

Claudia Dain/ A Christmas Ball blog tour


Let me get promo out of the way first--Emily Bryan and I, along with fellow Dorch author, Alissa Johnson, are over at Romance Junkies blogging and giving away prizes. We're doing blogs until the release of A Christmas Ball at the end of the month.

What else I'm doing (besides frantically editing a novel draft and writing a novella) is reading!

I'm going through Claudia Dain's "Courtesan" series, re-reading from book one to take myself up to Book 4, How to Dazzle a Duke which came out this September.



I think of this series as "Dangerous Liaisons" except light-hearted! Sophia, the courtesan, who did marry respectable Lord Dalby and is now his widow, intrigues and pulls strings to help a number of ladies on the marriage front. She specializes in pushing people together in underhanded ways. I love this character.

The time period is Regency, by the way.

If you haven't read the series, four are now available (the first three in mass market if you don't want to buy trade, the newest one in trade for now). The first is The Courtesan's Daughter, which I am in the middle of now.

Claudia Dain is one of my favorite people, and I'm indulging myself reading her intriguing, well-plotted, character-driven, witty romances. (And, I was lucky enough to be in an anthology with her--Private Places--which contains a back-story about Sophia.) (My story in it "The Decidedly Devilish Duke" written as Allyson James, is a standalone, but fun!)



Delicious!

3 comments:

librarypat September 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

I frequently wait until all the books are out before I read a series. I like to be able to go through the whole set and not miss a thing. There are so many good books out there it is hard to find time to reread them. I started Julie Kenner's Demon Hunter series and it kills me. There is a year between books.
I have one of the Courtesan books and will be getting the others together to read them.
By the way, Private Places really does look like fun.

EmilyBryan September 18, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Private Places has one of the most lovely, most sybaritic covers of all time!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner September 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

librarypat: I follow the Sookie Stackhouse series and Patricia Brigg's Mercy series and those are one book a year, so I hear you! I read in a day or two. :-)

Emily: It is a great cover. The book itself has embossing and a lovely feel to it. And it's heavy! A big, fat, trade anthology.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP