Friday, August 7, 2009

Tease me!


from Emily Bryan . . .

I'd never plagiarize in my books, but I freely admit I lifted the idea for this post from my friend TeddyRee, the Aussie blogger of THE ECLECTIC READER. This week she had a Teaser Tuesday, where she invited her readers to share a 2 sentence tease from the book they are currently reading. I thought it was a fun idea and I'd like to keep it going here. I'm sure Teddy will recognize this as the sincerest form of flattery!

The book on my bedside table is Alissa Johnson's TEMPTING FATE, which RT BookReviews calls "a joyous book from a bright star!" Here are 2 sentences from p. 7:

She jolted when his hand caught her arm and spun her around again.
"Oh, we're not quite finished here, imp."


(As a side note, Alissa also joins USA Today BestSeller Jennifer Ashley and me in our upcoming A CHRISTMAS BALL . You'll love her novella in that anthology!)

Now it's your turn! Pick up the book you're currenly reading. Open to a random page and give us a 2 sentence tease. Be sure to include the title and the author's name so someone else can find the books that intrigue them!

Come on! I can't wait for you to tease me!

4 comments:

Michelle August 8, 2009 at 5:28 AM  

Mason narrowed his gaze at the crown of her head, thought about strangling her, though he knew she was right. He'd been too entranced by watching her and quite simply had missed his cue.

This is from Beloved Vampire by Joey W. Hill. Loved it.

EmilyBryan August 8, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Thanks, Michelle! Good tease! Makes me wonder what he missed.

April Rickard August 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

She realized in the blackness that her nightmare was over, chased away by her desperate waking. A shimmer of what she deemed hope flashed across her mind, like a sliver of distant lightning in a storm-swollen sky.

Page 35 of Presumed Guilty by James Scott Bell.

EmilyBryan August 10, 2009 at 5:05 AM  

"storm-swollen"--I like that!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP