Monday, April 6, 2009

Historical Heroes!

Welcome to Historical Hero week or as I like to call it Historical Hotties! First up is cowboys. Since I write about them I decided to go with my favorite cowboy, Johnny Gault as played by Tim Daly in The Outsider. Johnny Gault is a wounded gunfighter who is found by a fiesty Amish widow, played by Naomi Watts, and her son. She nurses him back to health and he saves her land. Meanwhile her family disapproves of their growing attraction and Johnny pretty much stays all twisted up inside. The actors really make this movie and Tim makes one hot cowboy.
I grew up watching cowboys and had many crushes. Little Joe, Heath Barkley, The Young Riders, and fell in love with Kevin Costner in Silverado. Hey there's so many that this might have to go another week or two! So who's your favorite cowboy? And don't worry, we'll have plenty of heroes from other time periods coming up.

7 comments:

EmilyBryan April 6, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Well, we can't talk about cowboy heroes without naming Clint Eastwood. I saw THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES for the first time recently and he was in a prime state of alpha-male hotness at the time that pic was filmed.

EmilyBryan April 6, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

Oh! He wasn't exactly a cowboy, but I LOVED Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday in TOMBSTONE. This character was so wittily written, my DH and I still quote from Doc. He's my "huckleberry."

Cindy Holby April 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday should have won an oscar. Best performance ever. I even use him as an example in my Developing your characters workshop as a prime example of internal conflict. Doc was always just a side note in history. Val brought him to life as a man who was determined to die in his own way. I could watch it over and over again.

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner April 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Oh, Val Kilmer as Doc. Yes! I live near Tombstone (the real one), and when I go there I always hope to see him, but no such luck. :-)

Is the Outsider based on the book by Penelope Williamson of the same name?

And Tim Daly. Yum. Good choice.

Bonnie Vanak April 7, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

The Outsider is a great movie and Tim Daly is a hot cowboy! Good choice, Cindy!

Amanda McIntyre April 10, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Fav cowboys? Now you're talking ;)

Debonair Mel Gibson in Maverick
Antonio Banderas in Desperado
Alex McArthur as Duell McCall in the TV series Desperado
Kevin Costner-Dances with Wolves & Wyatt Earp
Brad Pitt-Legends of the Fall
Brad Pitt as Jesse James
Tom Selleck-Quigley Down Under
and true, Val as Doc.

and the guy from Medicine Woman, LOL!

Amanda McIntyre

Gerri Russell April 10, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

I loved Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday. He certainly deserved some recognition for that role . . . but he's proven that he'll live in our memories as a "hottie" forever.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP