Friday, April 3, 2009

Coming Attractions . . .

from Emily Bryan ...
Last Friday I pitched a proposal for STROKE OF GENIUS to my editor and today, she called with an offer! Here's the blurb:

Stroke of Genius
Grace Makepeace, an American heiress, is determined to marry a titled English gent, but her Back Bay bluntness wins her the title “Least Likely to Succeed.” When she takes flirting advice from the acknowledged artistic genius who’s engaged to sculpt a marble model of her hands, she garners the attentions of a duke.

A cynical, but brilliant artist, Crispin Hawke is a keen observer of the ton and enjoys the challenge of helping Grace beat them at their own game. But he begins to wish he was the object of her passion. Especially once she steps in to model for his bust of Venus.


STROKE OF GENIUS will be out in June 2010 from Leisure Books. Guess I need to get it written!

Oh! I just started a new contest at www.emilybryan.com. Check out my new look and enter for a chance to win PLEASURING THE PIRATE, a related title to my current release VEXING THE VISCOUNT. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Gillian Layne April 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Congratulations!!!!!!

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner April 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Congrats on the new sale! It sounds like a fun book. With an artist, I love it. It seems to me you're an art love, Em. :-) (me too)

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner April 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

art lover .... I can't type today.

Gerri Russell April 3, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

Congratulations on the new sale! Sounds like a really fun book.

Cindy Holby April 4, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

Yay on the sale. Can't wait to read it.

EmilyBryan April 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

Gillian--I love the pic of the royal gardens on your blog! What a site for winter-weary eyes.

Jenn--I freely confess it. I'm an art junkie. One of the best days of my life was spent at the National Gallery in London. It touches me deeply.

I'm looking forward to THE MADNESS OF LORD IAN MACKENZIE. I think you showed such courage writing a hero with Asperger's and I can't wait to fall in love with him.

Gerri--I know you have some more medieval's on the way. When is your next title due?

Cindy--You're working on Breath of Heaven now, right? Another medieval to love.

Thanks for commenting everybody!

Gerri--

Bonnie Vanak April 7, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Congrats on the new sale!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP