Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Woo Hoo Post


Warning: This post will contain cheering.

The RITA award calls have gone out and I'm thrilled that my friend and fellow Dorchester author, Colleen Thompson finaled in the Romantic Suspense category for Triple Exposure.

In June, I'll be interviewing Colleen here about her next release, Beneath Bone Lake

I first fell in love with Colleen's books when I read her first rom. sus, Fatal Error. I remember I sat down at my kitchen table, picked it up to read chapter one and see what it was about--and suddenly I was on page 150! The book just sucked me in... Since then I've been a raving fan.

I love her books because her characters are so real--you can believe these are people you know getting into extraordinary problems. Things that could happen to you...

My next woo hoo is for ME. Romantic Times gave The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie a Top Pick! for May, and them's hard to get, especially in historical.

You can read the first chapter of the book absolutely free here: http://www.jennifersromances.com/Madnessoflordianexcerpt.html. It will release in May.

Also a shout to fellow Dorchester author, Kathryne Kennedy who also received a Top Pick review for her May release, Enchanting the Beast.

A big woo hoo!

8 comments:

Gerri Russell March 26, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Wow! Great news for all! So happy for Colleen. I am also a huge fan! She deserves a Rita for Triple Exposure. It was a great read.

And Jennifer, congratulations on the May Top Pick. Well deserved! Can't wait to read the book. I'm popping over to Amazon to reserve my copy now. :-)

Amy C March 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Jennifer, I have not read any of your books but I have The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie on my line up for new releases I'm buying! A fellow blogger posted an awesome review for it the other day and I had to add it to my list. It sounds wonderful. I love the idea that the hero is autistic. It adds a most unusual element.

Congratulations on the Top Pick!

And congratulations to your friend Colleen Thompson on her success with Triple Exposure!

Colleen Thompson March 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Thanks so much for the very kind words, Jenn and Gerri!

Congrats on the Top Pick as well, Jenn. I've been dying to read that book!

I look forward to chatting with the Chatelaines in June!

Terri March 26, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie. I strongly urge folks to read this one. The only problem I have is I'm ready for the next book. (You got a good review from me over on Night Owl Romance)

Terri

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner March 26, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Teri: Thank you! I saw the review, and I'm so glad you liked it.

Don't you hate when authors make you wait forever for the next book? :-) I swear it's not my fault. I'm a victim of scheduling. Book 2, Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage will be out sometime next year. But I have a paranormal (Pride Mates in January) between times...

Amy: I hope you enjoy it! Ian's a babe. :-)

Gerri: Thanks. :-)

Colleen: You deserve the nomination!! That book is awesome. I'm looking forward to Bone Lake.

Tina March 26, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Yay for the Madness!! Wow how many times a day do you get to use that sentence? Anyway can't wait to read Ian's story in May!

EmilyBryan March 27, 2009 at 5:14 AM  

Fantastic! Congrats to both Colleen and Jennifer. You make us proud!

Bonnie Vanak March 31, 2009 at 4:43 AM  

Wow, congratulations Colleen!! You go, girl!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP