Monday, March 16, 2009

Still Learning

I just got back from the fabulous Southern Lights one day conference given by the First Coast Romance Writers. The workshop was awesome. It was given by Dianna Love and Mary Buckman and is called Break Into Fiction. I can't recommend it enough. Their book will be released in June so please go preorder it because I have a feeling its going to sell out fast.

Also a special shout out to President Alesia Holliday and Conference chair Renee Ryan for a wonderful day.

3 comments:

EmilyBryan March 16, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Sounds like you had a wonderful conference, Cindy. Glad you're home safe!

Gerri Russell March 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Cindy,

Glad to hear you had a good time. I've heard wonderful things about this workshop.

Can you share with us one of the best things you learned?

--Gerri

Cindy Holby March 18, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

The best thing I learned was that your characters don't necessarily see themselves the way other characters do.
The workshop includes character templates, plot templates and conflict templates.
They are wonderful tools for plotting and are a benefit to any writer, no matter where you are in your career. I used them for a YA book that's nagging at me that I don't have time for now.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP