Friday, February 20, 2009

Love Romances & More!

Update Feb 25th- The first time I met Michelle Buonfiglio, Romance Reviewer and Blogger Extraordinaire, I surprised her by translating her last name (Buonfiglio means "Good Son.") I explained that I used to sing opera and picked up a bit of Italian while I was at it. Then she surprised me by telling me that she, too, was a soprano! Anyway, as former divas, we both know that all performers love requests for an encore. After following my blog tour, Michelle offered me a chance to encore at her excellent site! Here's a special invite from the divine Miss B:



Ciao, Everybody! I know you're as big a fan of Emily Bryan and her books as I am, so I'm hoping you'll visit www.RomanceBuyTheBook.com Wednesday, Feb. 25th, when Emily takes the reigns as hostess for the day. We're celebrating her fabulous, sexy new romance, "Vexing the Viscount!" Can you believe viscount rhymes with EYE-count? I always forget that and slip in the "s". :)

Anywayz, Emily's always so much fun -- and, frankly, the GuestBlog she's written for us is one of the funniest I've ever read. So please join her, the RBTB Bellas and moi for great fun and a chance at winning a copy of "Vexing the Viscount." Can't wait to meet you!

Michelle Buonfiglio
Romance: B(u)y the Book
mbuonfiglio@rbthebook.com


Feb 23rd ~ NYTimes BestSeller CL Wilson and I had ourselves a giggle-fest. She and I met in Pittsburgh at RT last year and clicked like a pair of magnets. If you haven't tried her fabulous Fading Lands series, you're in for such a treat! Start with LORD OF THE FADING LANDS. You'll thank me later.

Come on over to WritersAtPlay for some Monday morning silliness. You deserve it!

PS. Let a comment or question to win a copy of VEXING THE VISCOUNT!


I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off, blogging all over creation about my coming release and I just realized that 2 of my fellow chatelaines (Jennifer Ashley & Joy Nash!)are also having a release in just a few days. It's an anthology called IMMORTALS:THE RECKONING.

A lone werewolf defies his entire pack and everything he’s ever known to protect a demon woman from the “Wolf Hunt.” A vengeful vampire thirsts to claim a “Blood Debt” from the two beings responsible for his eternal nightmare: the Old One who turned him—and the beautiful Sidhe muse who killed him. Haunted by her past and reeling from her sister’s murder, one woman turns to a sexy spirit-walker on a ghostly cruise ship that takes them “Beyond the Mist.” Together, three USA Today bestselling authors pool their vast talents and fantastic world-building to bring you…THE RECKONING.

If you haven't tried the IMMORTALS series (brainchild of the fabulous Ms. Ashley!)I urge you to pick up this one on Feb 24th! I know I will.



Isn't that a beautiful male chest? I couldn't resiste it. But there is a bit of a generational controversy brewing. With hair or without? I personally don't mind a bit of fur. The first time I saw the cover art for my PLEASURING THE PIRATE, my hero was sporting a lovely pelt, but my editor said, "Don't worry! We'll give him a wax before it goes to print." I was so disappointed! How do you feel about male chest hair?

In the meantime, my tour goes on today at LoveRomancesAndMore! Believe me, Danny (my interviewer)definitely got to the "and more" part!

Danny and I had a great chat about books, writing, and brainstorming. I'm giving away another VEXING THE VISCOUNT, so please let me know you dropped by!

TTYS,
Emily

PS. I still want to know what you think about male chest hair, so leave a comment here too!

5 comments:

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner February 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Chest hair or furless? For me, it depends on the guy. Some guys look great smooth, others look good with a nice dusting.

The heroes in my books all have chest hair. In real life, let's face it, most men don't wax their chests (I say *most* [g]). If they don't have hair, they just genetically don't. I like my heroes to be real guys (and many of them are historical anyway).

I can go either way on the chest hair thing, but I definitely don't want to see a hairy back. :-)

Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner February 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

P.S. Forgot to say: Thanks for mentioning Immortals: The Reckoning. Readers--next week Joy and I are going to do giveaways of some Immortals books so stay tuned.

Jenn

Joy Nash February 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

A little chest hair on a guy is fine by me...but I'm with you, Jenn, when it spreads up over the shoulders and down a guy's back...um, put on a shirt, please!

Thanks for the post about The Reckoning, Emily! Readers, check back next WEDNESDAY FEB 25 for an excerpt of my novella BLOOD DEBT and a chance to win an autographed copy of Immortals: The Crossing :-)

EmilyBryan February 22, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

In the town where I used to live, one of the doctors used to come into the same beauty salon I went to and we happened to hit the same time almost every month. In addition to getting his hair cut, he had his "unibrow" waxed across the bridge of his nose so he'd have two eyebrows instead. And each time, the man yelped like a little girl!

A chest wax would have killed him!

Bonnie Vanak February 24, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

I like chest hair. Fur, baby, fur.

Just no need for manscaping on the back. :-0

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP