Friday, January 23, 2009

A New Review for VEXING THE VISCOUNT!

My 50day/50blog VEXING THE VISCOUNT tour is at WeWriteRomance

Here's what the reviewer at WeWrite Romance had to day about VEXING THE VISCOUNT:

"...not your ordinary historical romance."

"Emily Bryan's Vexing the Viscount is not your ordinary historical romance. It's fresh, well written and chock full of the unexpected, the spectacular, and the intriguing. If you're not drawn in by the heroine and her fiesty nature in the first few pages, you're obviously not a true historical romance fan."

Click here to read the full review.

As writers, we love the good reviews and tear our hair out over the bad ones. I suppose it's human nature to want approval. But I sometimes wish that it would be enough for me when the editor who lives in my head says, "All right. That's as good as you can make it."

Please pop over to WeWriteRomance and leave a comment to be entered into my daily drawing for a copy of VEXING THE VISCOUNT!

Jan. 24th Update:


Daisy Drake, our heroine in VEXING THE VISCOUNT, is seen here reading Mlle. Blanche La Tour's very explicit memoirs of her life as a courtesan. Take it from Daisy. Reading Is So Much Fun!

Today my 50day/50blog VEXING THE VISCOUNT tour is visiting www.ReadingIsSoMuchFun.blogspot.com! I need your help casting my virtual VISCOUNT movie and you'll score another chance to win a VISCOUNT of your own when you leave a comment or question. Hope to see you there!

Jan 25th Update!

Happy Sunday! Since there's no football game, you have plenty of time to join my 50day/50blog VEXING THE VISCOUNT tour at www.authorsandbooks.blogspot.com!

AuthorsAndBooks is a terrific group blog that I happen to belong to, so please be sure to bookmark the site. Today, I'm talking about making my characters more real using a web of connectedness with other characters. Oh! and I'm giving a shout out to my sister Cindy today. It's her birthday, so I've done the sisterly thing and embarrassed her on the web!

As usual, I'm giving away a free copy of VEXING THE VISCOUNT someone who leaves a comment or question. So please pop on over to www.authorsandbooks.blogspot.com!

TTYS,
Em

Jan 26 Update

Today, Jan 26th, I'm celebrating CHINESE NEW YEAR over at www.blog.wildonbooks.com . I'm even revealing a secret recipe guarateed to charm a man's socks off. (At least it works at my house!) Hope to see you there!

As of 8:50AM EST, my post wasn't up yet, but I've put in a good word with the blogmistress and I'm sure it will be there soon. Please keep checking!

Jan 26 1:21PM EST Update


Sometimes, as the old Scottish saying goes, the best laid plans 'oftimes gang awry.' I was supposed to be at WildOnBooks today. I even swapped emails with them last night, but can't seem to raise anyone today. Technical difficulties, I guess. If I hear from them, we can move the party over to their house, but for now, we'll camp at www.emilybryan.blogspot.com!

2:00PM UPDATE!

We are good to go at WildOnBooks so come on over and don't forget to bring your noisemaker!

Jan 27th Blog Tour Update!


Today I'll be at TheRomance Studio talking about Daisy Drake's use of fashion to gently deceive Lucian Beaumont, our hero in VEXING THE VISCOUNT, into letting her help him find the Roman treasure he seeks. And you've guessed it! It's all about . . . the SHOES!

Come on over and leave a comment or question. You'll be entered in a daily drawing to win a signed copy of VEXING THE VISCOUNT!



Jan 28th Blogtour Update

My 50day/50blog VEXING THE VISCOUNT tour is having a random day over a CraveMoreRomance. Leave a comment or a random question at CraveMoreRomance for a chance to win a FREE VEXING THE VISCOUNT!

TTYS,
Emily
PS. If you want to join my wild ride through cyberspace, check my schedule at www.emilybryan.com so you'll never miss a moment!

Jan 29th update!


Today, I'm visiting the one and only non-romance blog on my tour. It's Minds Alive On the Shelves and when I was setting up the tour, I was so taken with the blog's title, I had to contact the owner, Lisa.


I've never heard a better description of what a book is--"a mind alive on the shelf."
Lisa doesn't read romance, but she's a really good sport, so please come on over and comment so I can enter you in my daily drawing for a signed copy of VEXING THE VISCOUNT. It'll give Lisa a chance to meet some romance readers and a chance for us to check out some of the non-romance titles she's reviewed. Minds Alive On the Shelves It's a great blog!

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Gerri Russell January 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

Emily,

Congratulations on the great review. Here's to a very successful launch!

EmilyBryan January 26, 2009 at 5:39 AM  

Thanks, Gerri. Here's hoping!

My blog tour is kind of draining. (Trying to be entertaining everyday is a tough gig) But after the December surgery, at least it's the kind of promo I can do from a prone position!

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP