Friday, January 9, 2009

Great News, Corsets & Italian Men


Many of you know I was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. I had surgery in December and subsequently was referred to an oncologist for possible chemotherapy. My mom is a breast cancer survivor so I know it works, but I also know chemo is a tough row to hoe and would pretty much knock a hole in my 2009. Imagine my delight when this week, the oncologist told me he did NOT recommend chemo in my case! They are confident my cute surgeon was able to remove all the cancer before it packed its nasty little bags and when on a cruise through my lymph system. I feel as though I've been reprieved. My life has been handed back to me and I'm so incredibly grateful. Thank you all who have been praying for me and sending healing thoughts. I appreciate you so much.

My 50day/50 blog tour to celebrate the release of Vexing the Viscount is in full swing!


Today, I'm blogging with Shelley Munro. Today we're talking about Georgian undies and Italian men. When my oldest daughter when to Europe on a class trip a few years ago, she assured me the most handsome men on the planet live in Rome. She's the independent-minded sort, so when someone pinched her on the bus, she was ready to let him have it.

"But when I turned around," she confided to me, "he just smiled at me and he was sooooooo cute, I just couldn't be mad at him. Besides, when in Rome . . . "

Ah! Italian men! So pop on over to Shelley Munro's Blog to learn more about why my heroine Daisy is head-over-heels for Lucian. And be sure to join me for the rest of the week on my wild romp through cyber-space. Here's where I'll be for the next week:

01.10.09 www.boxingoctopus.blogspot.com
01.11.09 Multiple sites, My blog hostess, Elizabeth Delisi has broadcast me on several of her sites--Please visit www.emilybryan.blogspot.comfor all the links.
01.12.09 http://www.anitabirtstoryteller.blogspot.com/
01.13.09 www.rainedelight.wordpress.com AND
http://mandyroth.com/blog/  (Today you get a two-fer)
01.14.09 www.kelliestes.com/blog/
01.15.09 www.rowenacherry.blogspot.com/

Be sure to leave a comment because each day I'll be giving away a FREE Vexing the Viscount to one lucky commenter. A really fun little group of "cyber-stalkers" is forming up and this rolling party is gaining steam each day. Come play!

7 comments:

Cindy Holby January 9, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Yay on the no chemo news!

I got pinched by an Italian guy too. However he was not cute. He was old, fat, hairy and wearing a speedo. The hubby and I were in a hot tub on a cruise ship when the guy gets in the tub, sits right next to me and casually reaches over and grabs my behind. Needless to say I got out in a hurry.

EmilyBryan January 10, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

Yikes, Cindy! Way to kill the hot Italian men buzz!

Why is it pretty people of both sexes always get away with more in this life?

C.L. Wilson January 12, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

I'm so glad for the good report on the colon cancer and can't wait to get my copy of Vexing the Viscount and reading it!!

EmilyBryan January 13, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

Thanks, CL! I'm thrilled with my pronosis! I've had my life handed back to me and I'm so grateful.

Now I just have to heal up from the surgery and I'll be good to go. Speaking of going . . . I wonder how many of the Chatelaines will be at RT in Orlando this April. I bought my plane ticket last night!

Bonnie Vanak January 13, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Emily, I can't say it enough, what a wonderful wonderful way for you to start out the New Year. YAY again!!!

Wishing you lots of success with Vexing the Viscount!

EmilyBryan January 14, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

Thanks, Bonnie! I've been having a ball with my blogtour. I'm so glad I organized this ahead of time. It's one of the few types of promo I can do in my jammies while I recuperate!

Today I'm talking about villains. Whether brutally evil or sly and calculating, they stand between our hero or heroine and their heart's desire. There'd be no story without them.

Please join me on the next stop on my tour for more fun and another chance to win a copy of Vexing the Viscount. I'm at Kelli Estes' Blog. I'm talking about villains today and yes! there is another excerpt. Hope to see YOU soon!

EmilyBryan January 15, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

I'm visiting at Rowena Cherry's blog today (Yes, that is her REAL name! No romance writer jokes, please!). The topic is ebooks vs print, and I'd love your imput on which e-reader you prefer if you've tried one.

This is a timely topic for writers and readers alike. The economy is forcing print publishers to rethink their business model. Dorchester, my publisher, just announced that all their 2008 releases will be available in e-format as well as print. And as much of their backlist as they have e-rights for, will be released electronically.

It's a sign of the times and I'd love to hear what YOU think. Please join me at Rowena Cherry's Blog I'll be giving away a print version of VEXING THE VISCOUNT to one lucky commenter over at Rowena's blog.
Hope to hear from YOU soon!
Emily
www.emilybryan.com

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP