Monday, January 19, 2009

Flying with the Eagles


We saw the Eagles Saturday night. It was my Christmas present to my husband. We figured we'd loved them for years, we better see them before the Assisted Living tour is over. That's what Glenn called it. He also said they were the band that would not die. Our seats were fabulous. Not the most expensive, but expensive enough that we saw everything clearly. It rocked. I was in paradise. And if you haven't checked out their new album, Long Road Out Of Eden, then give it a try. It is awesome.

During the concert I realized that I had just made one of my dreams come true. I always wanted to see Hotel California, especially the guitar duet with Joe Walsh live. And here it was happening right before my eyes. I got teary. It was on my list and now I could cross it off. Another thing that I always wanted to do was swim with dolphins. I made that dream come true in the fall of 2003. So now I'm thinking what else do I want to do? I'm pretty sure I want to go to Tuscany. I'm thinking I might want to skydive. Not really sure about that one. I want to learn how to snow board. I'm in pretty good shape physcially so that one was is quite possible.

And of course I did accomplish my life long dream of getting published. I've got a quote that I just love. "What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" Isn't attempting enough? So what would you like to do? Let me know and maybe I'll put it on my list.

4 comments:

Caroline January 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Hi Cindy, very fun post. Congratulations on seeing the Eagles and swimming with the doiphins. I did the swimming about five years ago. It was thrilling!

Now, what would I like to do? Hummmm. It's crazy but now that I have, or will have, a book coming out in August, I can't think of anything else. I'm just so thankful that it finally happened.

I know. I'd like to live somewhere where it snows. That sounds like an easy one but now with the market like it is, selling my home seems next to impossible. Sigh...

~Caroline

Cindy Holby January 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Snow...I would love to see snow. You would think living in the foothills of NC I would see some. Our forecast for today is 2-6 inches. However its supposed to be North and West of us and South and East. In other words, every place but here. We have had massive snows in the past but nothing for the past eight years. I'm really missing snow.

EmilyBryan January 20, 2009 at 4:42 AM  

Well, come on up to Boston! We've got more of the white stuff this January than the area usually receive all winter! Fortunately, we opted for condo living near a T station, so we don't have to shovel it or drive in it. It's pretty if all you have to do is look at it.

We've lived in lots of snowbound states--Minnesota, Iowa, Colorado, & Wyoming. But the absolute winner of the Most Stinkin' Snow On Earth Award was Park City, Utah. We got 12 mortal feet of snow the one winter we spent there. 5 feet fell over Thanksgiving weekend and the last drift finally melted early the next June. When it was falling, we'd be out every hour with the snowblower, trying to stay ahead of it. We reached a point where the blower wouldn't throw the snow high enough to top off the gigantic wall of the stuff on the downhill side of the drive. My DH started filling the back of his truck each morning and driving it down to Salt Lake City, so it would melt away while he was at work. We hired someone to climb up on our roof and clear off the several feet that had decided to live there.

Yes, I know Park City is a world-class ski destination, so what did I expect? And in the summer, it's one of the most beautiful places on earth. Living at 7000 ft was good for my cardiovascular system and if the clean, fresh air could be bottled an sold, someone would make a fortune. But if you have to deal with the snow, not just snowboard on it, it makes for a long weary winter.

Enjoy your sunshine!

Cindy Holby January 20, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

We never get enough snow here to get sick of it. Its more like a treat. I think the longest I've ever seen it hang around is two weeks. We've had two feet at a time before which is great for sledding.

Its been so long since we've had a good snow that I really miss it. Plus I've got the husky now and I want to see him play in the snow. Also have sleds just waiting in my attic since we've got a great sledding hill here in the neighborhood.

The storm totally missed us. We've got a trace. Yet my friends east of here got about six inches.

Cindy Holby

Gerri Russell

Joy Nash

Bonnie Vanak

Emily Bryan

C.L. Wilson

The Chatelaines Graphics© 2008 and © Blog Template 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

2008

Back to TOP